Hello all. I hope all is good and you are enjoying some early sunshine as I am.
I had this collection of 6 large screens and finally got around to tinkering with them. For this project, I used 3 screens.
Here is what the screens look like when I got them.
I removed the screens, then cleaned them up real good.
The next step was to add a decorative top. These were created by using some scrap plywood I had and cutting out a shape. Next, I glued on some appliques.
I painted 3 screens with their new decorative tops in a creamy white. (I mixed the whites I had on hand).
I added just a touch of cocoa on the edges for a shabbier look.
I sewed some curtains using a drop cloth. The color is perfect and the fabric is cheap.
To attach the curtains I picked up 6 of these cheap curtain rods so the fabric would be attached at the top and bottom of each screen.
A nice shabby addition for behind a couch or to partition off a room.