Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Playing with leftover paint

If you like painting things like I do, there comes a time where you will have a few colors with just a little bit left.  This is where I was.  I decided to use those paints in a fun way.

I picked up this waterfall chifforobe and got to work with all my different little bits of color.



It's a neat piece of furniture.  The left side opens to hang clothes.

You can see I started painting the bottom section in this photo, then I remembered to take a picture.

It's a good thing I did, because I didn't stop for more pictures until it was all finished.
I broke the large door into 2 sections since there was already a line there and to add more interest.  The top section is stenciled with some lace circles.
The bottom section of the door is painted with a vintage French clothing advertisement.
The door to the right was a wreath with a shimmery crown in the center.
Below that on the top drawer is a branch with 2 birds.
A simple stencil was painted on the next drawer.


The very bottom was painted to look like a drawer, but it is space for the clothes and a cubby under the drawers you could hide things in.

This was a fun piece.  It was neat to see it come together based on the colors I had that were running low and the images I chose.

Have you ever done something like this?  I hope you find a use for those little bits of paint you have left!


Featured at
Vintage-Inspiration-Party-Featured-link-party-button-300x300

Sharing with

PhotobucketVintage Inspiration PartyIvy and ElephantsH&GT BUTTON FALLWeekly Blog Link Up Party- Treasure Hunt Thursday- From My Front Porch To Yours2013 Shab Friday logo
Embracing Change http://www.craftsalamode.com/
Rooted In Thyme
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. That's super cute!! I love the color combinations you chose!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely put together, it looks almost like a french patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! It's always great to have a way to use up those bits of paint and this was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinned to my Furniture Board. Have a great weekend. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun makeover! Thank for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete