Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Decorating a vanity- with shower curtain hooks

Sounds crazy, doesn't it?  What do you mean decorate a vanity with shower curtain hooks?

I'll show you.

This vanity is a pretty ordinary waterfall vanity.  I wanted to make it a little more elegant and shabby.



I like how this one has some curves to it.

I decided to add some detail.  I looked through my collection of possibilities, but came up short.  Then I saw a bag of shower curtain hooks with beautiful roses on the ends.  

Perfect!

I cut off the hooks and glued the flowers where I wanted them.

 After painting it white and switching out the handles for some clear glass ones.  She is all dressed up and ready to go!

Isn't it pretty?


Photobucketrepurposed and upcycledH&GT BUTTON FALL
Rooted In Thyme2013 Shab Friday logo
PhotobucketFriday's Furniture Fix #6

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the shower curtain hooks repurposed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty and creative of you to use shower curtain hooks to embellish your gorgeous vintage vanity. Love it!
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sarah! What a great repurpose -- shower curtain hooks! Very creative and clever use of what you have on hand. Beautiful job on this dresser.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete