Wednesday, August 12, 2015

All about the ruffles

I don't know about you, but I love ruffles!  Ruffles have a way of changing a piece.  I am going to share 2 examples of ruffled furniture I completed recently.


This first is a footstool.  See how the ruffles add some interest?

 Below you will see the before of this poor thing.  Someone put 8" foam on it and it just didn't work.
This is  the before.  What a major difference, huh?

This next piece turned out just adorable.
Found this piece at a garage sale.  The upper arm is broken.  There were some repairs done, but this part didn't hold.  

Here is a closeup of the break.  The one on the back is solid, but if you look close, you can see the one just above where the arm meets.  I used my kreg jig to connect it along with some wood glue.  I filled it in with wood filler.
Paint was next.  I used MMS grainsack.  It's an interesting color.

I sewed a simple ruffled slip cover for it out of dropcloth.  

Are you a ruffle fan?


Featured at:



2013 Shab Friday logo




Sharing with:

Vintage Inspiration PartyTreasure Hunt Thursday- From My Front Porch To YoursH&GT BUTTON FALL  Craftsalamode.com2013 Shab Friday logo
Embracing Change
Rooted In Thyme

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful transformations, Sara! I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't go past a ruffle or two Sara... they are totally shabbilicious!
    Thank you for sharing at Shabbilicious Friday last week. I'm delighted to be featuring your ruffled footstool at tomorrow's party.
    Hugs ~ Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, I am Featuring you now, live on the new party! Congratulations. Your post has been Pinned to our Party Board, as well!
    Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance
    http://shoestringelagance.blogspot.com/2015/08/what-to-do-weekends-136.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty, I really like the ruffles on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete