Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Boring beige to Boho Chic!

This is something I've been wanting to do.  I finally tackled it and am so happy I did.  I turned a boring beige chair into a fun and vibrant Boho chic chair.

I did not take pictures of the journey this time, but I'm sure you can still appreciate the before and after.


Look at this vintage plain beige chair.  After taking off "most" of the fabric...I know I'm getting lazy...
I cut different pieces of some fun colored fabrics and here is what it became:



 The cushion is different on both sides depending on your preference or color scheme.  Isn't it fun?

There you have it.  Isn't it hard to believe this chair was just beige before?

PhotobucketVintage Church Pew-Treasure Hunt Thursday- From My Front Porch To YoursH&GT BUTTON FALL
Embracing Change

6 comments:

  1. Love it! I wanted to try to make a slip cover with some old quilts, but I don't have enough yet. Not sure if I want to cut up the quilts either. But I just got a chair for my son's room and I think I will try your method with boy fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love it in all it's colorful glory! I envy the ability to reupholster furniture. I am completely lost figuring it out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharleen @ The Glory Collection Painted FurnitureJuly 30, 2015 at 8:24 AM

    Well done. really cute and so fresh. what an improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! So fun and happy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love at first sight. PINNED. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Mix and match fabric is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete