Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Porch post coat tree

I have always wanted to work with old porch posts.  Here is my chance!  I have another one and if you have ideas, I would love to hear them.


Here is the post.  The  bottom section was rotting a bit so I cut that part off.

This pair of legs from a pedestal table will work perfect!

I used a kreg jig to make attaching them to the post easy.

Here is the post with legs attached.

I filled in the holes with wood filler.

1 coat of grey and...

some white for dry brushing.  
Here it is all finished with wax, hooks and ready to be used.

Here is a pic of the top.  I had some post caps that worked perfect for finishing off the top.


I love how it turned out.  The chunky legs really add to this piece.




Ivy and ElephantsTreasure Hunt Thursday

Embracing Change PhotobucketRooted In Thyme

Idea Box Thursday Link UpShabbilicious Friday - logo 400

PhotobucketThe Shabby Nest

6 comments:

  1. What a cool coat rack! I love the pretty hooks that you chose, too. Great paint color.
    Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun idea....we just replaced our posts on our porch....hmmmmmm...!!!! Thanks for the inspiration :)
    Karla & Karrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shabby chic look!

    Thank you so much for linking up with iDEA boX !
    xx
    Mila

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun upcycle! I love when practical meets cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your coat tree sara! great job !

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great makeover of the post. Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete