Sunday, May 17, 2015

Making a tiered shelf with junk

I love it when I find something on the side of the road.  What's better than FREE?  This particular piece I'm sure went to something.  What that something is I'm not sure.  As soon as I saw it I knew what I would build with it.


You see, I've had some drawers just sitting around waiting for this piece.

I took out the shelf piece....

Then I added 3 drawers to complete the piece.  Not all the drawers were the same width and they were all different.  That's ok.  It gives it an eclectic feel.  To make the drawers fit, some of them I added a scrap of wood to make up the difference in space.

 Here it is all built.
Side view


Here is the completed piece painted in antique white.  

Now it's time to let the purpose of this piece roll in...what would you use it for?



mad skills party

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. stinkin' smart! Great idea. Thanks for sharing on Trash 2 Treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever! If it were mine I'd add wheels to it and place it where my washer and dryer is.

    ReplyDelete