Sunday, May 31, 2015

Hutch to china cabinet

This hutch was part of a trade for some work I did on the bottom half of this china cabinet.  I set to work adding legs to make it its own piece.

I cut down some table legs.  For this piece I wanted them rather long to mimic other china cabinets.

Here it is with the legs attached.

I painted it with one of my new favorite colors.  Sugar cane by Maison Blanche Paint.


I lightly distressed it.

It received a coat of clear wax then the details also got some dark wax.





It is such a pretty piece.  What do you think of the color?
mad skills party
PhotobucketIvy and Elephantsrepurposed and upcycled

2 comments:

  1. White is white--unless it's that yellowish ASCP white--
    Right nice after. Those legs wouldn't have been my first choice, but it does look excellent after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it! I love anything white. It looks so fresh and clean and will show off any type of dishes or display. Great job!

    ReplyDelete