Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Project 2: 1 highboy, 2 projects

Monday I shared what I did for my first project with this broken highboy.  Today I will share my second project with you.


You can see the first project here.

For the second project, I took the top section off and added some legs.

From here I decided that the piece was too tall for a bench and cut off the sides that created the gap.
I used the top to make an attached cushion with some lovely black and white damask fabric.  The base was painted black.  I attached it using some screws from inside where the drawer goes.





I just love those legs!
So next time you find a broken highboy, really look at it before passing by or tossing it.


Featured at:
Photobucket

Sharing with:

Embracing Change Shabbilicious Friday - logo 300The Shabby Nest
Rooted In ThymeFRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sara, this is such an ingenious way to use the top of the highboy! It turned out so beautifully and I love the legs you added! I've chosen your post as one of the features at today's Shabbilicious Friday link party. Hope to see you there this week!

    Stacy @ Anastasia Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super repurpose Sara!

    I love the color and the fabric.

    catching you!
    gail

    ReplyDelete