Monday, April 6, 2015

Project 1: 1 Highboy, 2 projects

I picked up this broken highboy dresser last week.  I spent a little more on it than I normally do for pieces, but this was going to be made into 2 different things so it justified itself.



Poor thing fell apart at the top and lost a drawer during a move.  I saw its potential and picked it up.

For the first project I used the base to create a dresser.  All it needed was a top and a paint job to make it good as new.  Guess what I used for the top?  A cabinet door!  If you remember these cabinet doors, you know I picked up quite a few of them.  I've made a few things with these doors too.  

If you're curious, check out the posts here and here.

I chose Miss Mustard Seeds Lucketts green.  It's such a pretty green.  I didn't get much chipping with this piece, but it still turned out very pretty.

Are you anxious to see what I did with the other part of this broken highboy?  

Well,  I'm anxious to show you, but you'll have to wait a few days.



PhotobucketIvy and Elephants

3 comments:

  1. Here from Coastal Charm. Love what you did. Can't wait to see what you do with the other part. Love the color you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so creative! I'd be lost with tools and paint but I do admire the work. Love your dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great job. Lovely colour. It will be interesting to see what you do with the other part.

    Over from Too Cute Tuesday

    ReplyDelete