Thursday, March 12, 2015

A new use for a mantle clock

I picked up this mantle clock for free at a garage sale probably 2 seasons back.  I really did want to try to fix it (have my hubby fix it).  After looking at it recently, I figured out it had a missing piece or two so I decided to do something with it.

It looked something like this with out the clock face on it.  I thought I took a photo but can't find it.  Guess it's time to organize those pictures.


I painted it in Annie Sloan old white.


I had an old vintage trivet similar to this that I popped the ceramic center out of and used to decorate my piece.

I added a few other pieces, painted them and voila!

A nice shabby chic piece.

Here is the back.  Easy access to add some cute birds nest and a bird.

I thought It might even be able to be suction cupped to a window to see if real birds would make their home there.


Featured at:








Sharing with:

Embracing Change Treasure Hunt Thursday- From My Front Porch To YoursH&GT BUTTON FALL
PhotobucketThe Shabby Nest

1 comment:

  1. That looks lovely! You did a great job :-) Found you via the Creative Inspirations Party today!

    ReplyDelete