Sunday, February 8, 2015

Things you can make with plain cabinet doors

I purchased a lot of 100 of these doors.  If you enjoy salvaging and re purposing, you can see why.  There is nothing fancy about plain closet and cabinet doors.  The best part about them is that they are wood.  The ones I picked up all had rounded edges which creates a nice finished look.


Today I am going to share with you the projects I have created so far with these doors.


The simplest one is signs.  Create any kind of sign.  This one I drilled holes in and added lights.


Use as a table or desk top.  

How often do you find a piece of furniture with a bad top?  I find them often.  These are great to replace that top.

Use the cabinet doors to build a whole new cabinet


Here is another (much LARGER) cabinet

This one all started with that triangle piece with crown moulding.  I think it used to be a wall shelf.  I also had those awesomely huge claw feet I was itching to do something with.  This is what came of it all!

Now, I want to hear from you...what would you build with these doors?  I still have quite a few left!

Featured at:
Photobucket



Sharing with:
mad-skills-party.jpg           The Winthrop Chronicles


PhotobucketPhotobucket

4 comments:

  1. My husband and I have a furniture business(www.facebook.com/TakeTwoCreations) where we repurpose , renew and make furniture. One of my husbands favorites is a hall tree. Add a mirror, shelf and brackets and you have some great storage. Another good use is to turn them into headboards. We use paneled doors, but you could easily use a flush door. Check out our photo album for more inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    These are all great ideas! Will you be posting tutorials for all of them? So those of us (me) can take advantage of your great knowledge and talent?
    Thanks
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CathyMik- is there a specific one you were interested in? I wasn't going to do full tutorials, but will if it will help you!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete