Thursday, February 12, 2015

Plain piano bench goes glamorous

I picked up this piano bench simply because of the legs.  I mean, could you pass those up?  Not me.  The more curves and sass, the better.  I went with a glamorous bench for this transformation.


See what I mean...I never see legs like those on piano benches.

I took the top off for 2 reasons.
1. If I kept the top on, the seat would be too high.  It was like 1.5" thick.
2. It was too nice of a top to cover it up and ruin it with screw holes.

From there, I cut a new top out of plywood and attached it by screwing in the corners.

In order to learn how I did the tufting part, you can check out my tutorial here.

Isn't she lovely?



Nothing like tufting!


Embracing Change Shabbilicious Friday - logo 400The Shabby Nest
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love how it turned out. I'm wondering where I can find a piano bench with those legs...
    Eilis@MyHeartLivesHere

    ReplyDelete