Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Making coat racks- 3 different versions

Coat racks are a necessity.  We have to have somewhere to hang stuff, right?  There are lots of simple coat racks, but here I am going to share some up cycled coat racks that add some interest to a space.


This is the start of one using a section of a door,
I glued on the applique and added brackets to hold a shelf.


Here is the finished project.  I used milk paint on it and the results are fabulously chippy.

These next 2 are made with headboards- at least part of a headboard.
When I found this piece,  I fell in love with it.  I knew right away it would be a coat rack.  This was the only section, I didn't cut anything off.  All I did was clean, paint, seal and add hooks.

I just love it!


This headboard had 1 leg on and one off.  I went with taking the legs off and using white wax to give it a wash look.



I added these pretty flower hooks and this phrase to go with the flower theme.

So, the next time you are looking for a coat rack, you don't need to spend $30 on a simple wood and hooks coat rack from Target or Home Depot.  Make your own with interest by up cycling things you can find at any garage sale or thrift store!

H&GT BUTTON FALL
Embracing Change
PhotobucketThe Shabby NestShabbilicious Friday - logo 400
Rooted In Thyme
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I need a coat rack and you've inspired me my friend! Thanks so much for linking up at Shabbilicious Friday xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out really cute! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete