Sunday, February 1, 2015

Chair and headboard bench

This is my first attempt at making one of these chair and headboard benches.  It turned out great and I am eager to get some pieces to make more.


This project started with a pair of these chairs.  While one was very sturdy, the other was not.  It's not easy to fix a wobbly chair and make the sturdiness last.  So, I decided to take them apart and build a bench.

I have had this headboard for a while and am finally able to put it to use.  I did a dry fit test here to see how it would look.

My next step was to build the box frame so everything would be nice and sturdy.

I added the headboard, some slats for the seat and started to paint it.



Once the paint was dry and the bench was sealed, I added a neat tufted cushion.

Here is a close up of the wood I used for the front.  Was probably a dresser skirt at one point in time.



Hope you enjoyed this post.  If you are interested in learning how to make this cushion, let me know and I will do a tutorial.

Featured at:
Photobucket




Sharing with:


mad-skills-party.jpg
10308754_10203781373763465_7536899127074402936_nPhotobucketPhotobucket

5 comments:

  1. hi there - LOVE this!! can u tell me if u added 2 additional pieces of wood before u added the headboard and front piece?? It looks like in the beginning, but then it doesn't.
    thanx a bunch...Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I Added the front decorative piece first then the back piece then the headboard. Hope that answers your question. Blessings!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. That's fantastic!! I never would have thought you could build a bench that way! It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that turned out so cute! You go, girl! :) Thanks so much for sharing on Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete