Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Building a settee

If you have seen how Trios Petites Filles transformed a foot board into a settee then you know how amazing that was!  I was so inspired I set out to find a foot board so I, too could make something similar.  Hers is by far more glamorous, but I love how mine turned out as well.

I started with one side of a crib...



and 1 curved foot board.  I cut the foot board in half, then decided it was just too deep so I took off a little bit more.

 You can see here how deep it would have been.  It probably wouldn't have been able to fit up my stairs!
Here it is with the sides trimmed and attached.  


Here is what I have just by combining the crib back, foot board, and a board in the front.
I added fabric to the back.

I added some foam and batting to the front as well as an applique.
The foam was covered with fabric on the front.  I created some slats to support the seat with some leftover wood from redoing our floors this past year.


 That was covered with some burlap.  Yellow burlap...I know, it's bright!

The seat was covered with some fabric then I made a cushion with a large piece of foam.  If you have the mattress for the crib, this would  be a perfect use for it!

Here it is all finished after I added the trim.


This was a fun project.

Featured at:
PhotobucketFRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE
Photobucket





Sharing with:

H&GT BUTTON FALL
Rooted In Thyme2013 Shab Friday logo
PhotobucketFRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGEPhotobucketThe Shabby Nest

10 comments:

  1. wow!!!!! thank you for the beautiful pictures !!!!!!! love greetings from angie from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and ditto on being so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo cute! I'm visiting from Frugal Friday :)

    -Bonnie @ Revolutionaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am new to your blog and so happy to have found you. I have been looking at all of your past projects - you are one over the top talented and creative person!!!! I can't believe how you transformed odd and end pieces into fabulous and functional furniture. Amazing, simply amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful piece of furniture! I'm impressed. Thanks for joining HSH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sara I will feature this tomorrow at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! Doesn't it feel so good to just take a step back and look at what you have accomplished? It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun, I love a great repurpose!!

    ReplyDelete