Sunday, January 4, 2015

Another use for Mirror Harps


I picked up this large shutter door on one of my treasure hunts.  Since I am in the mode of building with what I have, it finally received some attention.  





Here is a pair of mirror harps I picked up from a garage sale this summer.  Another treasure found.

I glued on an applique at the top of the door.

Next I attached the harps from behind the door.  I had a half of an end table (I used the other half on another hall tree). I attached this to the top of the harps through the handy and already there screw holes you can see in the photo above.

After it was all put together, I dry brushed layers of white, grey and linen paint onto the hall tree.

This is how she turned out.  The mirror hangs from a simple S hook.


Some hooks were added to hang those coats and hats.  

Next time you have a random pair of mirror harps, I hope you don't pass them up!  
mad-skills-party.jpg
Boogieboard Cottage

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your super cute shutter at my Show and Share party...love what you did with the shutter...it looks great!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very ingenious, love how you re-purposed all the components into a new whole!!! Love the paint treatment. Popped over from Coastal Charm ~ Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea! I have one of these large shutter doors - it's a bright yellow at the moment and hiding behind a big armour in the hallway, scared to come out! :) Thanks for linking up to Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete