Here is the before. It has a really neat shape. It's not like any other sewing table I've seen before.
Here is a close up of the inside. I removed the box in the upper left and the small pieces on the bottom shelf.
I decided to go bold on this one. My husband says I'm stuck in a white rut. Hey! I like white!
After the paint was finished, I clear and dark waxed it. The top was next on the list. I would have loved to do a yardstick top, but since I didn't have enough of those, I used some small boards instead,
I cut them all to the approximate length first. Then, by tracing the table shape from underneath, I cut the curve on each one. After nailing them in place, I decided they needed a little support in the middle where the hole was. I flipped it upside down and screwed a board in the space.
I used different shades of stain to create the top.
It's a unique piece for sure!