Thursday, November 6, 2014

2 pinterest inspired projects

I like the inspiration pinterest gives me.  I pin things to try all the time.  I don't always get to those pins, but as it gets colder outside, I am going to do my best to get something from one of my boards done each month.
Here are 2 things I finished this week, inspired by pinterest.


These eclectic plant stands are made using old lamp or chandelier pieces and large spindles or ballusters.



This next project is a little more involved... starting with 2 shutters
I put together 2 shutters with a piece from an old side table.

 I added a top from a dresser I found road side.  Casters on the bottom...
 Some wood on both sides to create a little more stability and a place to put things.
 Decision time is always hard- what color to paint it.  Sometimes I want to just go with the basics so it sells fast, but this time I wanted to try a different color.
 This color is called pear.  It's from Martha Stewart's vintage furniture pain line.
This cart could be used in the kitchen, as a beverage station, or garden cart.  
What would you use it for?

What have you made from your pinterest boards lately?


Rooted In ThymeShabbilicious-Friday ChristmasPhotobucket
Craftsalamode

1 comment:

  1. Now I think I know what I can do with those two shutters I have!! Thanks for sharing. That looks great.

    ReplyDelete