Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Highboy gets boy stripes

I just couldn't pass up this dresser while out garage saling (how do you spell that???) last week.  It was in great condition despite the poor paint job.  This highboy dresser just needed a new dressing.


If you take a close look, you can see some drawings under the paint bleeding through.  Can you see the piano keys too?  This was a dresser that needed to be stripped.  Thankfully, all I had to do was scrape it off!  That's the sign of using the wrong kind of paint.  After scraping all of the paint off (I forgot a photo) I chose a blue paint.  This paint is Martha Stewart's new vintage paint line.  It is just like a chalk paint so no prep needed.  I am really liking it.

Since this dresser is for a boy I wanted to be sure that this wasn't too purple.  Definitely a blue jean color.  Here I am testing it to be sure.




One 8 oz bottle painted this whole dresser, plus I had some leftover.  I added some racing stripes in a lighter shade of blue she had.  After waxing the highboy, I added the knobs.


What a difference!  I love the way it turned out!

Home and Garden ButtonEmbracing Change Photobucketbutton1.jpg1TPB Button Large

4 comments:

  1. Great save! You definitely changed a "what were they thinking" to a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those stripes make all the difference! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your transformation! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete