Sunday, September 21, 2014

Headboard to storage coat rack

I was given this headboard from a friend.  I just love it when that happens!  Anyways, I wanted to make it into something different.  I decided to alter it slightly and came up with this coat rack.



Not very fancy or even popular right now.

I decided to cut the sides on an angled curve.

Once I cut that...

I traced the cut with paper so I could make the same cut on the other side.

After taking the bottom half off, I move the flat front of the headboard to the back.

It was painted, I added hooks, and some wall paper to the back of the cubbies.  This would make a great mud room storage, bathroom, or even a laundry room.



Featured at:


Sharing with:



mad skills party
Boogieboard Cottage
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Great job, and I think the curve really adds to it. Next time I see one of these on Craigslist I'm gonna grab one so I can give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my husband and I have a furniture business(www.facebook.com/TakeTwoCreations) where we repurpose furniture. recently we took a mid century modern headboard and turned it into a storage piece. where the cubbies are, we painted chalk board paint and added old door knobs for hooks. your version is very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love it! You did a wonderful job on it. I will have to keep an eye out for one when garage sale shopping. Visiting from vintage inspiration party. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete