Thursday, August 14, 2014

Making a hall tree with a bench seat

I got a set of doors for free!  That's the  best price, wouldn't you agree?  I was at a garage sale and leaning up next to there garage were 2 doors in a pile of scraps and metal.  I asked if they were throwing the doors away, and they said "yes"!  I asked if I could have them, and they came home with me.  This is one of those doors.


Nothing, too fancy or exciting, but it definitely can be re purposed!
I used this small cabinet piece and attached some legs to the front.
I attached the cabinet to the door by simply screwing them together from the insde of the cabinet.
Here is where I usually take a day or 2 to decide the big question...What color?  I want it to sell and sell fast, so what color should it be?  I do a lot of white, some black, but never really red unless it is a client request.
So I went with it.  I painted it red then did a black glaze.

I painted the window with looking glass spray paint.  Added hooks, a door plate to hide the handle hole, and some knobs for the doors.



The cushion seat adds a nice little touch.


I was featured:

Photobucket

Sharing with:

Beyond The Picket FenceEmbracing Change Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this at the Vintage Inspiration Party! I'm including your awesome project in a "Furniture Transformation Round-up" @ Knick of Time and on my FB page - https://www.facebook.com/KnickofTime.

    ReplyDelete