Monday, July 28, 2014

Door hall tree and a bonus!

I recently came across 3 old doors...for FREE!  Talk about exciting!  I love to work with old things and make something different.  This makeover is not something new.  People have been using old doors as hall trees for a while now.  Hopefully you will still enjoy this version.


I used an old door, a table that had seen better days, a small piece of trim and a pair of salvaged legs.  Above you can see the table.   This table was missing parts so it seemed best to give it a new life.

I took the top off the table and cut it, not quite in half because there were metal plates in the center.

I also used the brackets from the table to support it and attach it to the door

The legs were an easy attachment

The glass was painted with looking glass spray to create the mirror effect.

 Here is a close up of some of the chippy, aged goodness.


I painted the table and legs in old ochre.  Not an exact color match, but a nice compliment.

The bonus:
I finally found enough mirrors to begin a wall gallery.
Here is the before.  I just could never find anything to fill in the extra space so I decided to do a wall of mirrors.

Here is the after.  I really like it.  I think I need to keep collecting though.  So much space on this wall!



10308754_10203781373763465_7536899127074402936_nMy Show and Share PartySR_IconLogoFINALIvy and ElephantsEmbracing Change
Beyond The Picket Fence

2 comments:

  1. Like the walls of mirrors; interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! What a wonderful idea- the table with the vintage door. I just love it! Your wall of mirrors is gorgeous too! Thankyou for sharing!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete