Sunday, July 13, 2014

A beautiful table before and after

When this table was posted on a local Facebook group site I couldn't resist.  It has so many unique qualities.



Here is the before.  This is what it looked like when I picked it up.  There were some scratches in the brown paint on the top.


After looking at it I decided I wanted a contrast so all the detail on the  bottom would really show.  I sanded the top and stained it, then I painted the base white.  I liked how it turned out, but...


I thought a darker top would look nicer so I re stained it with a darker shade.






Boogieboard CottageThree Mango Seeds10308754_10203781373763465_7536899127074402936_n
Come Link Up at...
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You were right, the table has such a wow, I love the way the details really stand out...the darker top is so in style now, love that touch, you did good..thanks for inspiring me to do more with furniture...come on over for a visit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of paint on the bottom and stain on the top. I've done it myself and I love it!

    ReplyDelete