Wednesday, June 25, 2014

How to turn a dresser into a wine buffet

I got this dresser from a friend.  I was sad to find out that the drawers were shot.  You know not all drawers are made of solid wood.  This was one of them, so when the tracks went bad, they were nearly irreparable.  It sat in my garage for a few weeks until one day I decided to gut the whole thing.  It started off as a possible book shelf.

I trashed the drawers after saving the drawer fronts to make signs.

Here is the gutted dresser.  The bottom is also open since it was just a cardboard type bottom.  At this point I decided not to make a book case.  I just made one of those.

Instead, in my garage I found this wine rack.  Perfect.  Now it will be a wine buffet.
Here I am dry fitting the cut wood for the bottom, a side and the wine rack.
In this photo you can see I cut the tops of the wine rack, nailed all the boards in place and also added a shelf.


I went with a black cabinet with a dollar bill interior.  What do you think of the color combo?  Dark spots are still wet.  What can I say, tomorrow is garage sale day so I need to get this post done.

Embracing Change Photobucket



Beyond The Picket Fence

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to make one of these myself. I don't drink a lot of wine so I might just put shelves and glass doors on that one side. I would love it if you linked this up to my Motivate Me Monday linky party at IT'S A ginger SNAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! The things you can do with what would otherwise be thrown away...

    ReplyDelete