Sunday, June 1, 2014

From scraps to something beautiful!

This week is going to be all about doors.  I have 2 great projects to share with you that use closet doors.  This first one uses one set and a bunch of scraps to create a hall tree.

These pieces right here (plus or minus one or two) are going to make a gorgeous hall tree.
There is the set of closet doors, some trim. an old drop leaf table piece, some parts of an old table.
The blue curvy pieces were found on a set of these tables.  Broken and ruined from weather, but the blue curls were in tact and that is the only part I really wanted anyway.
The first thing I had to do was to connect the doors and make them sturdier.  I simply took off the hinges and turned them the other way so they wouldn't fold anymore.

I then added a piece of quarter round  for a bit of extra support where the table would go.

I measured where to attache the blue curves to the table top then attached them using would glue and screws.


The next step was a bit tricky, but I pulled it off.  The table sits on the quarter round and is also screwed in from the back.  The blue curls are screwed in from the back right where they touch, also.
Last, I added a trim piece at the top and painted all the color pieces to match the doors.  Some extra details were added, like hooks and a mirror.

Now it's just waiting on its new home.  This particular hall tree will be attached to the wall.  I'm thinking French cleat would be fairly simply.  Any other ideas?

Featured at:


Sharing with:


That DIY Party link party at diyshowoff.com
Three Mango Seeds
Boogieboard Cottagemadskillsparty.jpg
My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaCome Link Up at...PhotobucketPhotobucketElizabeth Joan Designs

5 comments:

  1. this is simply wonderful i love it, i am a screw it to the wall kinda person lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a transformation! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I mould never have envisioned this. Definitely thinking out of the box. Someone will snatch this up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cleaver! Love it! We would love for you to come and link up with us at Your Designs This Time! http://elizabethjoandesigns.com/2014/06/designs-time-no-12/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are so creative!! Thanks for sharing on Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday. This is the kind of stuff my party is all about!!

    ReplyDelete