Thursday, June 12, 2014

Cribs and cupboards

What can you make with cribs and cupboards you ask?  Lots of things.  This project is a new marriage between the two.  I have never done one like this before but it was very easy!


I wanted the cupboards to make more chalk boards.  I always sell lots of those when I do shows.  This time, the actual cabinets were solid.  I thought, why not use it?

I thought of connecting the two to make a long bench, then while looking around I saw I had two crib ends.  They just so happen to be the perfect size!

I drilled holes in the indented part of the cupboard and screwed them into the crib.  Simply paint and add a cushion.  Now it is a fabulous entry bench!

I decided to line the back of the cabinets with fabric for a nice pop of color.

Shoes, baskets, bags...so many things to put in those cubby spaces!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Rooted In Thyme

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute makeover! Thanks for linking it with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love a great repurposed (crib) bench! great job!

    gail

    ReplyDelete