Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A few painted pieces

I like to paint furniture...there I said it.  Even more than that I like to make new things.  Today I wanted to share with you a few painted pieces I have done recently.  I have a dresser, buffet, and china cabinet to show you.  I hope you like them.


Here is a dresser before without the drawers.  I know, the photo is terrible, but you get the idea.

After painting it grey I traced an image on and painted it in to add a little something.
This buffet was gorgeous before, but unfortunately was painted wrong.  I literally pealed the paint of the top by hand!

Here is the after.  I just love these pieces and am so glad I finally had a chance to work on one.  I just wish I had somewhere to put it!

I'm not sure how exactly to explain this one.  It had red, gold, black, shimmer...and sticky tape all over.

I used a pretty light aqua green then dry brushed it over with a more turquoise blue.  I also dry brushed the edges and appliques with white. 


I love this one.  It's such a unique piece.  I haven't seen one with a top shaped like that before, have you?



Happy painting!

Savvy Southern StyleSR_IconLogoFINAL
Family Home and Life
Ivy and ElephantsYour Whims Wednesdaybutton
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Beyond The Picket Fence

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome!! I love painted furniture too, I just have to get the courage to do a piece for myself. I would love to have that used-to-be-black piece in my house. you should come by my new linky party Monday and link this up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painted furniture is so beautiful! You have a knack for choosing the perfect colors and shades. Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pieces!! Thanx for sharing them at THT!

    ReplyDelete