Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Vintage suitcase table

Have you ever wanted to do something just for the sake of doing it?  I have...OK I know, I have lots of things.  Crafting and re purposing is like that.  You don't just make stuff for yourself, you make stuff because you love it.
This suitcase table is one of those,  "I just have to make that" items.
I started with this vintage suitcase I found at an estate sale.  It was a last minute grab and the guy said "Just take it"  No way!  I have been wanting to do many of the cool things I've seen with these vintage suitcases, but lots of times they are too pricey.
I went through my stash of legs, spindles and brackets.
 I cut some wood to fit on the inside of the suitcase, flipped it over and attached the brackets.  The legs I used were the ones that fit into the brackets I already had.
I found some scrap fabric to cover the wood.
Check that one off my list.  It was a fun project.

Sharing with:

The DIY Dreamer

SR_IconLogoFINAL 2
Family Home and Life
Ivy and Elephants
CLICK TO JOIN LINKY PARTYbutton
Treasure Hunt ThursdayEmbracing Change thursday favorite things blog hop
2013 Shab Friday logo
Beyond The Picket FencePhotobucket
Rooted In Thyme

9 comments:

  1. Very cool! I have an old suitcase that has no handle~~~wondering how it would look with legs!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love repurposing vintage suitcases, nice job Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your upcycled suitcase. I have several but have not converted one yet.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I've always wanted to try making one of those. Love that green suitcase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks terrific! Love the green with the pink inside. Visiting today via Katherine's Corner :) Blessings, Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen so many of these - yours is marvelous! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. And it looks very vintage ones I have seen were all painted white

    ReplyDelete