Saturday, May 17, 2014

Taller is better!

OK, relax.  I'm not referring to someones height.  Believe me, I'm short or shall I say vertically challenged.  Instead I am talking about this cabinet.  It is so much better taller!  Follow along and find out why...

 You will be hearing this phrase from me a lot in the months to come- "I found it at a garage sale."  Yes I did.  Lovely. solid wood, but it needed something.
 Interesting interior...
Casters on the bottom.
I decided it needed some height with some sassy legs.  The front legs were salvaged from a chair and the back legs were a curbside find, brackets and all.  No joke!  I needed to shave a little off since they were longer than the front.

You may notice the casters are still on...I couldn't get them off. I almost broke my screw driver!  Dear hubby gave it a try too.  No worries, with these corner brackets, it worked out just fine.

 The front ones screwed on easily.
Ah, much better.  It just needed a little height.  Didn't I tell you taller is better?
 Some white paint, wet distressing, wax and a new pull finish this baby up!
Oh, how I love curvy legs!

NEWDIYLargeButtonThree Mango Seeds
Boogieboard CottageSweet Sharing Monday Link Party
   madskillsparty.jpghttp://www.madincrafts.com
Come Link Up at...
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so pretty! How perfect to tuck into an unexpected space. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you think this is funny: legs like that always make me think of Disney's "Beauty and the Beast", like the furniture is going to come to life and walk (or dance) away. My vivid imagination is probably why I don't have curvy furniture in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not have thought to add feet! You're awesome! Pinning to the Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday board. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just an FYI. Originally this cabinet was for an early Edison Phonograph. the shelves were for the round "records". They were cylindrical and sat upright on the shelves inside the cabinet. the phonograph sat on top of the cabinet. I have one that is very similar complete with the phonograph and recordings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just an FYI. Originally this cabinet was for an early Edison Phonograph. the shelves were for the round "records". They were cylindrical and sat upright on the shelves inside the cabinet. the phonograph sat on top of the cabinet. I have one that is very similar complete with the phonograph and recordings.

    ReplyDelete