Sunday, May 4, 2014

New furniture for a teen room

I stumbled across someone who was looking to redo her teen daughters bedroom as a surprise.  I love surprises!  I thought this would be fun!


This is a picture of her bedroom wall that her brother painted for her.  We were going for some furniture that would use these colors.
I had this desk and vanity stool that I could do something with.  We went with pink and black. I started by painted the edges and details in mamas lipstick.
I painted the rest black and dry brushed over the pink to give the pop of color.
Since this was going in a teens room, I used 3 coats of water based poly to seal it.
The vanity stool was a simple seat recover and paint the legs

I put together 2 display frames.
 This chair needed a seat.
I cut some wood to fit the seat and covered it in foam, batting, and some fabric to match the turquoise.  I made the footstool from scratch following the same method I did here.


Here it is in her finished room.


It was fun to be able to take part in such a surprise, though I was very busy getting it all done in 4 days.

Sharing with:

Three Mango Seeds
 ABFOL One Project at a TimePhotobucketFFF

3 comments:

  1. The vanity turned out wonderfully. I was a little hesitant until you put the poly on. The chair is really nice. What happened to the rest of the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything that was done for this room! The desk is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! IT was fun to be a part of this makeover.

      Delete