Thursday, May 1, 2014

Leaded glass window as valance

This project was inspired by a photo I saw on pinterest. 
Things I love about this kitchen: farmhouse sink, glass cabinet doors, old window panel at the top and the shelf across the window, the old tin tile back splash, need I go on??
 I absolutely loved it and have been searching for 2 years for a leaded glass window to fit my kitchen window and my budget.  Both were hard to do!  Then, the other day I ran across a set of 4 of these:

The size was perfect and so was the price!  Patience pays off!
I really wanted it to have a white frame, so I found some wood in my garage and got to work.  I needed the frame in order to hang it properly too.

 I cut the pieces and used some of these corner braces to attach them- it's what I had on hand.

 The window fits in perfectly...
I just attached it to the frame by using a screw in each of the tabs that were there.

Here it is hung in my window.  I love it.  

Rooted In Thyme
Photobucket2013 Shab Friday logoPhotobucketFRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE
Truly Lovely

6 comments:

  1. Perfect! They are beautiful. Great job on the frame, too. I don't think I could do that. I LOVE leaded glass. Wowsers. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this look instead of a fabric valance!! Awesome!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have seen this on Pinterest and loved it. How pretty yours is, too! I think you're right, patience pays off. Glad I found your blog :)

    Blessings!
    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job!! The new window looks perfect in it's new home! I'm really impressed you made the frames yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing this. I have an old set of lead glass doors off an old built in cabinet from a house that was demolished and I never used them yet. Great to see how to do it.

    ReplyDelete