Thursday, May 15, 2014

Chair makeover with French Script fabric

This chair makeover is a fairly simple one.  I thought this French script fabric would be nice to use on this chair so I went with it.

Great bones and nice detail!

After taking it all apart, I noticed the burlap was falling apart so I replace that.

 

The padding was also very thin so I added a layer of foam. 

I used Lincoln's hat to paint it.  The fabric on the seat is just a heavy duty fabric I found at a recent garage sale.

The French script fabric was found at Hobby Lobby in their remnants section.  It's a good mix I think.



Rooted In Thyme
PhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

  1. That turned out very pretty! Thanks for linking up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing. I LOVE chairs to makeover. I've got so many chairs to redo... my husband and son call them "Junk". Can you imagine? Maybe I'll have the inspiration to get going on them now.. thanks to your post!! Your friend, Linda

    ReplyDelete