Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Storage Trunk- black and white beauty

This storage trunk had seen better days.  The hinges no longer attached based on the wood being broken away, and the vinyl was a bit dated and worn.  Let's make this pretty again, shall we?

Here is the before picture. The top is actually sitting on the bottom upside down. 
Here is a photo of it after the vinyl and most of the padding was removed.  There were still quite a few hidden tacks and staples that needed pulling.  
I painted it white.  Here is a close up of where one of the hinges used to be.  My solution?  Use a different type of hinge in the same space.

  I used some padding to add some cushion to the top.  I chose a fabric and simply stapled it on the underside.

This is what it looked like once the top was attached.
I felt it still needed something, so I decided to try to duplicate the pattern on the fabric, but a much bigger size.
I used a pot lid to form the base of the design, tracing 4 overlapping circles.
I hand painted the designs around the circles to create the pattern.

Perfect for hiding all those shoes in the mud room!

The DIY Dreamer
Photobucket
Just a Girl and Her Blog
Savvy Southern StyleSR_IconLogoFINAL 2
From My Front Porch To Yours- Treasure Hunt Thursdaythursday favorite things blog hopEmbracing Change button
Family Home and Life

Beyond The Picket FenceFFF

3 comments:

  1. That is one FANTASTIC before and after!!!!! Great job! Thanks for sharing on Trash 2 Treasure Tuesday. Pinning to the highlights board! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous transformation! LOVE it! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete