Sunday, April 27, 2014

Living Room Reveal!

Some of you may remember my post asking for help with my living room.  I have been working on it, rearranging it, and have finally come to be happy with it.  The first step was to get rid of that enormous couch.



I knew that from the beginning, but where do you go from there, right?  Taking one step at a time was they only way that worked for me.
I went from enormous couch to elegant antique couch.
Then I got new wood flooring, which I love!
 Once the wood floors were in and the new rug was down, I began to play with everything I had.   It started with a clean slate since there was nothing in the room.
 The two chairs with my great grandmothers table in between take up the long wall for now.  I will be searching for a settee or chaise I think.
 I switched out the tufted ottoman for the skirted one.  It just seemed to go with the couch better.  The curtains were also lowered, thickened ( I added 2 more panels) and I added the green roman blind type curtains.
 The room is bright and airy, but needs some more wall decor.  Still waiting on some garage sales to find some things I can re purpose to add more.

I would say it is a vast improvement!  I love how elegant yet relaxing it feels to me now.
Sweet Sharing Monday Link PartyThat DIY Party link party at diyshowoff.comsunday soiree link upThree Mango Seeds
Boogieboard Cottage

My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaCome Link Up at...

1 comment:

  1. It looks very nice. I love the soft colors with the wood floor!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete