Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Fun settee makeover

I have wanted to do a whimsical and fun upholstery job for some time and finally got the chance.  I was asked to make over this settee with various fabrics to give it a new look.

It was still in good condition minus the rip in the fabric.  I chose multiple fabrics to recover this settee.
Pulling staples on these things takes a lot of work.
 Here is the settee after upholstering the whole thing but without the cushions.
 I made the cushions reversible with green on one side...

And burgundy on the other.  This settee was just like recovering a wing back chair but it has 2 cushions and requires more fabric.  I just did a tutorial on how to upholster a wing back if you want to check it out.  It was fun to put it together, however, I will not be upholstering for a while.  With the weather turning nicer, I will be outside painting!!!

Sharing with:
Savvy Southern StyleSR_IconLogoFINAL 2

Family Home and Life

Lovely Ladies Linkyhome and garden buttonEmbracing Change thursday favorite things blog hop
Beyond The Picket FenceFFFPhotobucket

4 comments:

  1. I adore mixed fabrics on furniture! I have not yet attempted an upholstery job myself, and have a chair in waiting. I will definately check out your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally impressed! Great job...I love it :)

    Happy Easter!
    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection of fabrics! This looks awesome! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your settee! :) someday I plan to do some upholstering....

    gail

    ReplyDelete