Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A re purposed floor lamp!

Some of you may have seen my post last week about giving a lantern a patina finish.  In that post I showed you this gorgeous succulent planter.
Get green scene ambiance at light speed with a succulent-filled lantern. For this  look, we used raffia to anchor a ball of floral foam to the metal. Then we tucked in a variety of stems, along with bits of made-to-dangle greenery. To finish, we added diamond picks and hanging gems.

I think they are so pretty and I love succulents.
In may basement I had the following items:
This floor lamp someone was getting rid of...  
and these 2 wire lamp shades.
First things first, I unhooked and pulled the wire out, then I untwisted the sections of the lamp until it was the height I wanted it to be.
I glued the lampshades together using E6000 then used a bolt to attach them to the base.  Adding a finial to the top finished this step off.
It needs more still, right?


I decided it did so I added some crystals.


From there, I added some burlap and a plastic planter base then began filling it with succulents.

This is not as sassy as the one above since it doesn't have all the curves.  I only added a few succulents in hopes it  will fill itself in.





Happy Earth Day!  What did you save?

Featured at:

Beyond The Picket Fence

Sharing with:


The DIY Dreamer
PhotobucketSR_IconLogoFINAL 2

Family Home and Life

livelaughlinky 250x250Embracing Change Lovely Ladies LinkybuttonFrom My Front Porch To Yours- Treasure Hunt Thursday
Beyond The Picket Fencethursday favorite things blog hop2013 Shab Friday logo

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this! What a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I'm always looking for fun things to do to repurpose items instead of throwing them away and of course I love birds and my kids will tell you.

    Thanks for sharing at From Dream to Reality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice idea.......so creative and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it!!! You are VERY creative. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great repurposing - it looks fantastic! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You done good! Really a great idea from stuff that would otherwise be hitting the trash heap.

    ReplyDelete