Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spindle planter/organizer

Got spindles?  I know I do.  There are so many things you can do with them.  This project is just one of many.  Use a spindle  to create a planter or organizer.


Use a spindle, some type of base and an accent for the top.  I used glue for the top and a screw for the bottom.  I painted it with APC Dollar bill and Rushmore.
 I bought these cute pots from Michaels (with a coupon of course). Using the one hole straps seen in this photo, I attached the buckets to the spindle.  These straps can be found at the hardware store in the electrical section.


 White and turquoise.
Black and white
These cuties can be used for an indoor herb garden, flowers, succulents, organizing q-tips, makeup brushes, crayons... What else can you think of?


Featured at:


Sharing with:
unnamed (3)



Family Home and Life
Ivy and Elephantshome and garden buttonEmbracing Change

Beyond The Picket Fence2013 Shab Friday logoPhotobucket
Rooted In Thyme

9 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I would've never thought of going to the electrical dept (though a coupon at Michaels is definietly a must! I'm your newest follower on fb - I'd love a follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea--so creative and it looks great! I'm going to post it on my fb page :) Visiting vea Thurs. Favorite Things, Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS If you don't have all the parts you need, you might be able to use an old paper towel holder. Just thinkin'...

      Delete
  3. what a great idea. Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so cute! I'm going to have to try this one, I always am hunting up things to do with old spindles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool. I have so many spindles from old chairs I need projects to use them up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the cutest organizer - so clever! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete