Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Antique Couch- Step 1 living room makeover

As some of you know, I recently recovered and painted an antique couch.  To see that couch click here.The funny thing is, I had been sort of looking for one for me.  I just found one and this post is about its transformation.  This is my first step in making over my living room.  It is in need of major help.  I need to just take it one step at a time and I know it will get there...but I want it done now!  Anyone else ever feel that way?


Here is the couch.  A craigslist find.

 Love the feet.

Such lovely lines.
 After taking all the fabric and batting off, I found the burlap needed replacing.  I used some outdated fabric I had.

I painted the wood gold after a sanding and good cleaning.
I went shopping looking for fabric, but I couldn't get myself to pay that much so I used a drop cloth again.  Here is the couch mid process.  Still tweaking to get more wrinkles out.


  Here is the finished couch.

I am still playing around with the layout of the living room.  As I make progress I will definitely share.

I feel like I am on the right track now.  I just need spring to arrive so I can hit the garage sales and find some treasures to complete the space.

Sharing with:

The DIY Dreamer
Just a Girl and Her Blog


Ivy and ElephantsFrom My Front Porch To YOurs- Treasure Hunt Thursday
Lovely Ladies Linkyhome and garden buttonEmbracing Change FFF

12 comments:

  1. Good job! I love how you painted the wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work! That is not an easy sofa to re-do1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks great! I wish I had that talent. I want to refinish some of the couches we have now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That couch has such great bones...it's no wonder it turned out so nice. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow well done. Your hard work shines through. Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks really good! I'm really jealous of your talent ~ I have an antique sofa, but all I did was buy a surefit cover! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! This looks awesome! I am delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an AMAZING job on the couch! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good work with reupholstering your antique couch. It seems to match your living room perfectly. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found this - wow, so you used a painting drop cloth??? what brand? Also, did you make the cushions or have someone make them? Can you post about that part...:)

    ReplyDelete