Sunday, March 9, 2014

Homemade chicken marinade

I have always loved to season or marinade my chicken, but when you read the ingredients on those jars and bottles, it makes you wonder.  What are half of those ingredients?  Why so much salt?  MSG!  I have been searching and trying out different homemade recipes for marinating my chicken and have finally found one all of my family loves!  Today, I will share.

This recipe is not measured exactly so you may need to tweak it for your liking and the amount of chicken you do at one time.  We usually do 2-3 chicken breasts at once since my kids are still fairly small and don't eat a lot...yet.

Keep in mind with this recipe, I am estimating the amounts I use.  Fresh is better, but if you don't have the fresh herbs and spices, the dried ones work too.

Things you will need (all measured in dry ingredients for ease of use):

1/4 Cup Olive oil
2 tablespoons of  vinegar
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp rosemary
1 tsp basil
3/4 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp flakes or 1/2 tsp powder -onion
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp celery salt

Mix all ingredients together and pour over thawed chicken.  Marinate in a glass dish anywhere from 1/2 hour to 1 day.  Turn as frequently as you like.  The longer, the better the flavor and juiciness of the chicken.  

I usually grill my chicken or use the foreman.
I would love to know if you try it out and what you think.  Do you have a favorite diy marinade?  If so please share the recipe!

Sharing with:
That DIY PartyThree Mango Seeds
Boogieboard Cottage
The Scoop ABFOL One Project at a Time

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! I am pinning for later! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete