Sunday, March 2, 2014

Christmas pocorn tin revamped

Some of our great friends sent us this popcorn tin for Christmas.  The popcorn is long gone, but this tin has so much potential.  I decided to make it over and give it a new life.

After a good cleaning and light sanding,  I began painting with some black APC paint.  I followed the black with Navajo white.

I chose a soap graphic from The Graphics Fairy.  Using mod podge, I stuck the printed side of the paper down on the top of the tin.  (print it backwards if it is numbers or words).
After it was dry, I soaked a towel in water and placed it on the graphic until I could clearly see the words.
I peeled the paper right off.
Here is the graphic.  I like it all faded and old looking.

 I added a ribbon and small decorative chalkboard I made.

So, don't throw away the tins.  Make something new!

Sharing with

Monday Funday Link Party at thatswhatchesaid.net  COMMondaycopy.png

Three Mango Seeds
Boogieboard Cottage
Sweet Sharing Monday Link PartyGive Me the Goods Monday
My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaJoin Me on Tuesday for
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I have always had this "thing" for tins (some would maybe call it an obsession!). Some need make-overs, but I kind of like the old rusty cake box tin that's on top of my fridge. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tins are so useful for many things - they might as well look as great as this one! Love the distressed graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea. I have two of these lurking in my pantry right now... time to do something with them.....Thank you for sharing... Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the inspiration! This came out so good.

    ReplyDelete