Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Add some sizzle with layered paint

I had a request to do something different with this bench and 3 chairs.  They had just been using spray paint and it wasn't as durable or fun as they would like.

Before I get on with this makeover, I wanted to share a random thought.  Why did they ever think it was a good idea to make scented markers for kids?  Is it really a good idea to teach them to sniff markers?  I don't think so.


I started with a good sanding.  I didn't worry about getting all the paint off...could you imagine getting it off the legs, spindles and such?  I focused on the parts that needed it and made sure to rough it up a bit.  I know chalk paint sticks to everything, but I wanted to make sure.
I started with some Fireworks red by APC.  Painting it in areas that would normally be distressed and some other places.  I followed that with Lincolns hat and brushed around and dry brushed over some of the red.
From there I used 3 coats of water based poly to seal and protect.



Now that adds some sizzle doesn't it?

Sharing with:

The DIY Dreamerunnamed (3)Sew Much Ado
Family Home and LifeSR_IconLogoFINAL 2
home and garden button
MMJ ButtonEmbracing Change thursday favorite things blog hop
Beyond The Picket Fence

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful project!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think sizzle is the perfect description! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete