Sunday, March 16, 2014

1 footboard 2 projects

For this project I am showing how I turned one foot board into 2 projects.  I had seen some cute foot board coat racks and decided to make one.  Then I was left with the rest of the foot board and wondering what to do with it.

 You are going to have to imagine the foot board all in one piece, since I cut it before I could take a picture.  In all honesty I wasn't going to post this until I came up with the second project.
Painted with APC dollar bill and distressed- here is a closeup of this project.
 For the remaining portion, I was left with a framed rectangle.  I decided to make it into a message center.  I cut some cork board, painted a section with chalkboard paint, then cut a piece of trim to finish off the space  between the two.  Using hot glue I attached the cork board and the trim.
To finish it off, I attached 2 hooks for keys or whatever.


Sharing with:


Three Mango Seeds
 Twigg Studios
Boogieboard Cottagemad-skills-button_thumb2_thumb2_thum[1]


My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaThe Scoop
 One Project at a Time Link party - ABFOLPhotobucket

7 comments:

  1. They both look awesome, but I really love the message centre! I'll bet that comes in very handy.
    I saw you sharing at Our Sunday Best Showcase.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also saw this on the Sunday Best Showcase. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOGO!!! Great idea, good reuse of old wood. I would love for you to share on my Chic By You Link Party @ http://chicbytab.blogspot.ca/2014/03/chic-by-you-wednesday-link-party-4.html. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are so cute--I really like the blue painted hook board. I could really use one of those--so handy! You will get a ton of use out of booth of your boards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, two great items that you can use in your house. Thanks for linking up at Tell Me About It Tuesday. We hope you hop over and share with us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cool coat hook board. great sellers. i sometimes use draw fronts too.

    ReplyDelete