Thursday, February 13, 2014

Rustic to shabby box

A friend of mine gave me this rustic box.  She said she was done with it.  Don't you just love it when that happens?

 Of course I am going to paint it.  Sorry, it is the vision that came to me while contemplating what to do with it.
The inside is plain...for now.
 The first thing I did was add some of these for feet.  Using wood glue and a screw on each makes them secure.
I found some embellishments in my stash of things...you gotta have a stash!  Some metal, some wood.
 I painted it with Navajo white from APC.
 The box had holes in the sides for handles, but didn't come with handles.  They were very large holes so I decided to use ribbon.
 I painted the inside and lined the bottom with vintage wallpaper.
With the paint, embellishments, and distressing, this box has a whole new look.  From rustic to shabby for sure!

Featured at:

 

Sharing with:
2013 Shab Friday logoFRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE
Rooted In ThymePhotobucketThe Shabby Nest
Photobucket
Whipperberry

4 comments:

  1. Hello Sara! First of all I wanna thank you for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment. Let me tell you that you truly inspired me with this box´s makeover... I´m sure there´s a little wooden box in my garage waiting for something like this! (after all, that´s what we "restylists" do, isn´t it?)
    Hugs,
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job, Sara! You turned an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan! Embellishments make all the difference on a piece like that. Love it!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the feet on it. you have fabulous vision.

    ReplyDelete