Sunday, February 23, 2014

His and Hers towel hooks

There are so many ways to re purpose cabinet doors.  You have chalkboards, quote boards, and more.  With these I decided to go a different route than I have went before.  It all started with this end table.

I ended up making this into a dog bed end table, so it didn't need the doors anymore.  I took them off and after deciding what colors to use, I got to work.
 Here is a better close up of what the doors look like.

I went with white.  Black and white seem like hot sellers right now.  At first I was thinking of going with a wallpaper or a pattern in the center, then decided against it.  Simple.
I had these gorgeous hooks, but the color was all wrong.  I painted them sloppily to still show some of the texture and underlying bronze color.
 Lightly distressed and all set to go.  These were simple to make and will definitely add interest instead of those boring towel rods.


What else would you have used these doors for?

Sharing with:

That DIY Party
 Three Mango Seedsmad-skills-button_thumb2_thumb2_thum[1]
Boogieboard CottageSweet Sharing Monday Link PartyGive Me the Goods Monday

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbiatell me about it

4 comments:

  1. These are so awesome! I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!!! So creative.

    I hopped over from the Winthrop Chronicles link up.

    ~Cheryl
    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely BRILLIANT!! What a neat and creative use for old cabinet doors! Visiting you from Winthrop Chronicles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! These are too cute and would be great in the foyer! Thanks for sharing and thanks for linking up with us at Tell Me About It Tuesday! I hope you hop over again next week.

    ReplyDelete