Thursday, February 20, 2014

Copy cat hook

While browsing through Joanne Etc the other day, I ran across a neat little hook (or 2).  I knew I could copy them so I set out to do just that.

Aren't they cute?  I love the old looking hardware.
I cut some wood and trim to size and glued them together using wood glue.  I found some hardware and a hook.  They are not exactly the same.  In fact, the hook is bent so I had to find an insert nut to use to attach it.
I drilled the hole for the hardware you can see in the center of the wood.  I then drilled a hole for the insert nut and screwed it in using an allen wrench.
I sloppily brushed on a few spots of black chalk paint.
Followed by Rushmore
 Here I started to distress some areas.

 I followed with some wax in clear and dark.
Pretty close!

Sharing with:
2013 Shab Friday logoFRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE

Rooted In ThymePhotobucketThe Shabby Nest
PhotobucketTickled Pink at 504 MainNEWDIYLargeButton

4 comments:

  1. Very clever hack! It turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Your copy is prettier than the original. :-)
    Blessings,
    Kim @ Curtain Queen Creates

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! Thanks for sharing this on DIY Sunday Showcase, I pinned this to out talent board!

    Shelly
    minettesmaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Sara... and it is always more fun to make your own.

    ReplyDelete