Sunday, February 16, 2014

Classic black- twin chair makeover

I was asked to recover these old chairs for someone.  I'm sure they were lovely in their prime, but it was time for a change.  The faded and stained fabric had to go.

The legs, the velvet, and the nail head are all something my customer wanted to keep, just not in these colors.
To my surprise when I started to take off the nail head trim, I realized just how orange these chairs used to be!  Wow!
I did one chair at a time so I wouldn't get the pieces mixed up.  After taking all the old fabric off, I painted the legs and arms silver.  Then I got to work cutting out and piecing the chairs back together in this classic black velvet.



The nail head trim was done by using the strips where you nail in a nail head every 6th space.  This made it a lot easier.  I know I wouldn't have been able to nail everyone of those in straight if I hadn't

Here is a picture of the nail head trim on the back of the chair.

Sharing with:

That DIY PartyThree Mango Seeds
party http://www.twiggstudios.com
Boogieboard Cottage
Give Me the Goods MondayGreen Living, Product Reviews, Giveaways, Toddlers
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
 One Project at a Time Link party - ABFOLFFFPhotobucketJoin Me on Tuesday forThe Scoop

5 comments:

  1. Love the way the chairs turned out they look so good!
    Meghan @Something Splendid Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful...the chairs really pop now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carole. You just can't go wrong with classic black!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh these are so stunning, I am going to pop over and snag them! ;) Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chairs turned out beautifully. Thanks for linking up at Tell Me About It Tuesday. I can't wait to see what you share next week!

    ReplyDelete