Thursday, February 27, 2014

Caged plate stand

I am falling into the birdcage love, especially the antique ones.  I decided to add a beautiful birdcage graphic to a plate stand I made.


It all started with some things I had lying around.  1 candle stand and 1 plate are the essentials for this project.
Using some E6000 I glued the 2 together.  The plate is plastic so  I gave it a good sanding before painting.

I used navajo white by APC.  After some distressing and using black paint to create a faux distressing on the plate, I picked out a birdcage graphic from the famous Graphics Fairy.
 I just used good old mod podge and printer paper.  Wait til it dries then soak it with a wet towel til you see the graphic and peel the paper off.

It turned out very cute I think.

Featured at:


Sharing with:
2013 Shab Friday logoFRENCH COUNTRY COTTAGE
Rooted In ThymePhotobucket
The Shabby NestTickled Pink at 504 Main
Truly Lovely

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful job!!! You just inspired me to paint some plates for a plate rack I have. I haven't been able to find exactly what I want so I'll just paint them! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so, too. Gorgeous. Pinning. Linda Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool transfer project....I will pin it! Thanks for sharing!
    JP

    ReplyDelete