Thursday, January 2, 2014

Coffee table makeover- no sanding and no wax!

I trust everyone brought in the new year safely, and now we're all ready to go?  I sure am.

This coffee table was given to me by a neighbor in order to make room for mom moving in.  Thanks, neighbor!  At first I really wanted to do an ottoman with it, but after looking at the height it would have turned out too high.  I didn't want to cut the legs, either, so I ended up painting it.  I used Palace Grey and Creamy Linen from Farmhouse Paint.  The best part?  No prep work and no wax!


You may notice a little water damage along some of the lines on top of the coffee table.
I gently sanded to bring them down.
  Here is a little closeup of the bumps.
Of course, as with any other type of paint or finish be sure to wash down your piece first.


After 2 coats of the palace grey, I noticed how nice the finish is.  No brush stroke marks and smooth to the touch.
Using the creamy linen, I added a damask off centered on the top.
I used the exact same one I used on the damask dresser.  Same method too.

I just love how it turned out.  It's too bad that I don't have a place for this in my home.


Have a great day!

Sharing with:

livelaughlinky 250x250Embracing Change 2013 Shab Friday logo
Rooted In ThymebirdsonwirePhotobucket
Tickled Pink at 504 Main

4 comments:

  1. You did a really nice job on this. It looks great. Ann Marie @ Iris Abbey.
    https://www.facebook.com/irisabbeyfurniture

    ReplyDelete



  2. Great project !!

    I would love you to come and share @ Craft, Create & Inspire linky party !!!

    Look forward to seeing you there :)

    http://livel0vecreate.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/craft-create-inspire-linky-party.html

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colours. was wondering what i could do with my old marked coffee table. thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete