Sunday, January 5, 2014

Chippy chair

You ever hold onto something, just waiting for the inspiration or the burning desire to do something with it because you are sick of walking past it?  This is that project for me.  This chair has been just sitting.  It is sturdy, cute and dated.  It just needed something...but what?

A good friend of mine pulled it out of her neighbors trash for me.  I finally got sick of looking at it so I just started.  Sometimes you just have to do that, start...then it all comes together.  Sometimes.
I had some beach glass from APC left over from my country hearts post.  I knew it wouldn't be enough to cover the whole chair so I just sloppily brushed it on.
In my head I was thinking I could layer it with another color or just sand a lot off, but...
I like it just like this!  Sometimes you just have to start!

Sharing with:



That DIY Party
big inspiration mondayThree Mango Seeds..Twigg studiosmad-skills-button_thumb2_thumb2_thum
Sweet Sharing Monday Link Party
Making the World Cuter
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I like it too. Just enough to add to it. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have way too much stuff just sitting around waiting for inspiration.....I love to buy and find, but then am not so good at the actual doing part! You are totally right though....sometimes you just have to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo! The chocolate brown with a turquoise~~beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to grab the moment! Your chair looks great!
    Found you via Craft-O-Maniac's link party.

    Val @ artsybuildinglady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I'd love it if you'd link this up to my very first linky party!

    http://accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com/2014/01/accidentally-wonderful-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete